7 Things To Know This Week.
- Rider safety questioned after Peloton rider Antoine Demoitié killed by race motorcycle support vehicle.
- Awesome idea to promote cycling, maybe more cities should adapt this approach.
- Bucket list ride, French-Flavored Festival in Montreal, on par with NYC’s 5-boro’s ride.
- Is dog biking, not the Toto on Miss Gulch’s bike in the Wizard of Oz kind, safe?
- Really Sherlock, people who cycle or walk to work have lower rates of obesity than drivers? Some things don’t take a rocket scientist to figure out but at least there’s scientific proof to confirm what we all knew.
- 5 myths about cycling demystified!
- The King of Instagram completed his Vegas to LA ride well within the allotted 48 hours, albeit his accomplishment is cloaked in a cloud of controversy. Don’t forget he had assistance from Lance Armstrong so a controversial finish is not surprising.
GAMEDAY METRIC TOUR UPDATE: Still tweaking the routes in both Morgantown and Charlotesville. Congrats to both UVa and WVU on their participation in NCAA March Madness 2016.
Weekly Playlist. [Guest PJ] David H. stepped out this week on a date with the wifey, leaving the door wide open for another guest playlist. Warm ups are for sissies so we jump right in with Social Distortion covering the Johnny Cash classic “Ring of Fire”. We keep things moving fast with Me First and the Gimme Gimmes covering Paula Abdul’s “Straight Up”. We leave the punk rockers behind and accelerate into Anthrax covering Joe Jackson’s “Got the Time”. Still with us? Good cause we’re going slow it down and let you catch your breath. Faith No More covers the Commodores classic “Easy”. And we bring things full circle with the Man in Black himself Johnny Cash covering Nine Inch Nails’ “Hurt”.
Listen here on Spotify: