6 Things To Know This Week.
- Isn’t the Olympics only about 120 days away? An elevated bike lane that runs parallel with a road to be used for the road-cycling event in the 2016 Olympics in Rio De Janerio collapses and kills at least two people.
- Not sure how I really feel about this invention, a stationary bike with a retro-fitted desktop. Lazy or smart?
- A priest will get us all prayed up with a prayer of protection over all bikes and their owners, now let’s get our ride on!
- Yet another questionable invention, a fully enclosed 4 wheel recumbent disguised as a car for inclement weather, even fully equipped with a heater. Sounds like something out of the Flintstones.
- This is your brain, this is your brain without a helmet, a PSA too disturbing for kids. Scared straight, well, scared to ride helmetless. Isn’t that the point?
- One of the last images of His Royal Badness was of him riding a bike. Rest in peace in “the after world, a world of never ending happiness. You can always see the sun, day or night” – lyrics from Prince hit song Let’s Go Crazy.
GAMEDAY METRIC TOUR: Keep training, Sept. is right around the no corner. Pedal for scholarShips!
Weekly Playlist. This week many radio stations increased their spin of The Purple One’s titles, and played musical tributes ranging from 1 hour to 48 hours or more. I thought the stations were finally getting a chance to free themselves of the shackles of the record label to only play officially released singles. Not! To my dismay I only heard more of the same, basically tracks from his Purple Rain and 1999 albums, intersperse with Controversy, I Wanna Be Your Lover, Raspberry Beret, and Kiss.
Since my peach crates are bursting at the seams with purple, both official and unofficial projects, this week’s and beyond (until I know longer feel purple) playlist is ALL purple with his not so mainstream tracks that are just as funky as his commercially successful titles. Starting things off is “We Gets Up” from his Emancipation project, follow by “Prettyman” from Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic, “Uptown” from Dirty Mind, “Freaks On This Side” from New Power Soul (NPG), and “If Eye Was The Man In Ur Life” from Musicology project.
There will be no streaming Spotify playlist while I’m feeling purple, and you know why.