6 Things To Know This Week.
- “Keep your cool, don’t lose your cool” said the Assistant Principal as he began to administer corporal punishment for fighting. This same mantra applies to cyclists too. Virtually every cyclist, and certainly every roadie, has had more than one close call with a motorist who made too close a pass – most times unintentional, but sometimes intentional. However, violent retaliation is not cool. When you lose your cool you may find yourself in hot water, much hotter than the principal’s office.
- By now everyone has seen video clips of the major bike pileup at a race in Brooklyn, just in case you haven’t here is one last peep.
- It appears e-bikes are here to stay, there’s a Kickstarter campaign for a fledging upstart motorized wheel which can make any bike an e-bike.
- It comes as no surprise with the rise of e-bikes and the Lance Armstrong doping scandal, Tour de France and the Olympics will start scanning bikes for “mechanical doping.”
- A bike room, not a parking space, is the must-have amenity for upscale city dwellings.
- First there was “Fat Guy Across America” on a personal crusade, now we have “Three fat blokes on bikes” for a charitable cause.
GAMEDAY METRIC TOUR: Biked the Morgantown route this weekend. GOREGOUS views, however those views are earned. The route is somewhat hilly, a couple of level 5 climbs, then again it is West Virginia so only having level 5 climbs is pretty good.
Weekly Playlist. Still feeling purple, so another playlist dedicated to The Purple One. “Hot Thing” fire things up from his Sign O’ The Times project, followed by “Anotherloverholenyohead” from Parade album along with The Revolution, “Elephants & Flowers” from Graffiti Bridge, “Letitgo” from Come and closing out with a reggae inspired track, “Blue Light” from the Love Symbol album with The New Power Generation.
Because this playlist is all purple no Spotify streaming playlist is available.